Navigating a marine safety culture
Introducing a dynamic safety team to your production line will exercise a proactive and positive behavioural base approach to any task, no matter the complexity.
Thriving on success through driving core fundamental values and building meaningful and trustworthy relationships with clients, allows the value of a zero harm objective to be achieved resulting in a safe and quality outcomes for any equipment or product produced.
Skilled Safety Team
We can offer highly skilled and motivated individuals that understand the dynamics of the production processes.
The team is made up of qualified tradesmen, with multiple years of experience in different trade fields ranging from watch keepers in the propulsion sector; navigational officers; to qualified government tradesmen. This experience helps to develop a positive approach and understanding with respect to physical on site audits or inspections of equipment and site facilities.
Our service offering
- A team of trained and qualified safety personnel to manage the day to day operations during the repair, turnkey or floating repairs.
- Manage daily site meetings with contractors.
- Observation and reporting methods.
- Incident and accident investigations (5 why’s and root cause analysis).
- Disciplinary process to hold persons accountable for their actions and suspension methods.
- Develop safe work procedures for routine and non-routine works.
- Develop work procedures.
- Development of an induction process with questionnaire for monitoring levels of understanding.
- Background checks and clearances for personnel.
- Manage security processes and perimeter site set up.
- Set up site establishments and all logistical needs.
- Manage all high risk areas and tasks through safety personnel strategically placed in those areas.
- Set up fire prevention equipment and monitoring processes.
- Advise on work methods and dry dock requirements.
Development and implementation of site audit criteria and guidelines schedule with regard to following audits:
Audit performed to identify compliance with the environmental regulations
All electrical tooling to be audited to eliminate potential faulty equipment thus minimizing the risk of electrocution or fire.
Hand tool audits to be performed on company highlighting defective and uncertified hand tools or equipment thus minimizing the risk level of equipment failure or injury due to unauthorized equipment.
Site establishment audits monitoring compliance with the basic conditions of employment and welfare of workers.
Formulate and issue contractors audit guideline to contractors been developed for adherence to the OHS Act and SAMSA requirements for the Construction and Maritime industry.
Interaction between safety personnel and work force to monitor compliance with all hazards and controls measures for the specific tasks.
Schedule audits performed on contractors by means of a formulated audit checklist as per the requirements of the DMR (Driven machinery regulations), focusing on equipment inspections and certification.
Monitor isolation risks and implement methods of improvement.
We can assist with bilge cleaning procedures such as gas monitoring (LEL’s and VOC’s); BC’s and evacuation plans etc.